Friday, August 20, 2010

Purpose of Blog

My intention for this blog is to give insights as they arise in me.  I am writing this blog because I simply felt inspired to do so.  Sometimes I feel I have so much to share but do not know how or who to share it with.
I am a Spiritual Counselor/Teacher, Artist, and Poet in Sedona, Arizona. I have many thoughts and ideas about what is happening in the world and am excited about the possibilities of the future. Many of us are going through difficult times and I will share what I have learned and continue to learn that helps me deal with uncertainties and changes.  I am in the process of creating my own divination system, and developing a workshop about connecting to the Earth.  I hope to be sharing these experiences as well as other things that come to mind to help us through this shift of the ages.   

Let Spirit Lead the Way.  What does this mean, Let Spirit Lead the Way?  To me "Spirit" means my personal connection to Source, to G.U.S.(God Universe Spirit.)   Some may call it my Soul, Higher Self, Over Soul...  It doesn't matter what you call it, I just know that when ever I am "doing" what I am supposed to be doing, I am being led by "My Spirit" my connection to G.U.S.  When I am doing something with another human being I am being guided by both of our "Spirits." Thus, I am allowing Spirit to lead me in the creation of this blog and in all of the work that I do. 

G.U.S. God Universe Spirit.  Where did that come from you may ask? About 10 years ago I was going through a difficult time and was a bit angry at God.  Because of this anger I was uncomfortable with the term God.  I did not understand it.  I did not know if I believed God existed.  I did not want to hear about "Him".

On some level, I knew I was not alone, I knew that everything would be all right, but I wasn't sure what that meant.  I had sold my home and quit my job due to burnout and other circumstances.  I thought I would travel for a few months to see what was next.  My home at the time was surrounded by a group of people in transition from one way of living to another.  We all landed in a small RV Park in Sedona AZ, it was in 2001, the spring/summer before 9/11. A number of us had left our careers and were searching for something more important.  We read philosophy books studied other religions and belief systems.  Most of us had been raised under some form of Christianity.  We wanted to believe in something, we just were not sure what to call "It".  During a  conversations with a friend, one of us used the term GUS, labeling it God Universe Spirit.  We had used the term Universe and Spirit in our spiritual discussions, (as a label or reference to a higher power) but I think we both felt something was missing.  I was immediately comfortable with G.U.S.  I like to reference G.U.S. because it is not Catholic, or Jewish, or Lutheran, or Muslim, or Christian...  It encompasses all religions, all who believe in some higher power.

So in this blog, I will write about whatever pops into my head that I feel is Spirit Led.  I may pick a topic and talk about the different perspectives I've read or just state what I believe is important.  I imagine at times it will be GUS asking me to speak, to share some piece of wisdom.  I am not exactly sure what will come of it.  It was Spirit inspired and will be Spirit Led.

1 comment:

Most Popular Post