Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"Every tree has a story."

Dancing Sycamore, by Linda G


"Every tree has a story."  A quote from Heartlands, an English Movie I watched.  I’ve thought about that statement a lot.  I have had a connection to trees my entire life.  As a young child I remember climbing up into a tree (in the woods across the street) and just watching over everything occurring below me.  Trees have always felt like safe havens to me.  They’re sturdiness being grounded so deeply into the Earth and yet their height, depending on what kind of tree, towering over us like giants and being closer to the Sky, the Universe.
   In 2000, I was preparing to leave everything I knew behind.  I had resigned my position, sold my house and was waiting for everything to be cleared up so I could leave.  All I knew was that my destination was New Mexico or Arizona, coming from Minnesota.
Being at my wits end, wanting to begin my journey, I took a three day camping trip on the Mississippi River.  One day on a hike up the hill overlooking the river I became overwhelmed with racing thoughts.  So I stopped by a large tree to calm myself down.  As I took a few deep breaths and calmed down leaning against the tree, I found I was overlooking the mighty Mississippi.  Deep breath, taking in this tremendous view.  Once calm, I thanked the tree from the depth of my heart for being there for me to lean on when I was so distraught.  I had needed to stop.
     To my surprise I heard what seemed to be a voice that said, “You Speak!”   I looked around and nobody else was there. Remaining quiet, I clearly understood it was the tree, and it was playing with me.  It told me without words how it has supported many people on their life path and was happy to be there for me as well.  In addition with words the tree said, “On your journey, remember my brothers and sisters, my cousin trees they will all be there for you whenever you need.  You are never alone we are always there for you to lean on, to talk to.”
     I have met many trees since then and I see them all differently.   I know they are living beings.  I think of a tree as being grounded in Mother Earth and reaching for the stars.  I too strive to be grounded in Mother Earth, Reaching for the Stars, to live my life in this world and be able to fly through the stars into the next.
     I am reminded every day of the importance of the Trees, Earth, Environment, and our Humanity.  Some days it seems as if all living things on this planet are stressed.  Find ways to "de-stress" your self and you may be amazed at the difference it will make in your life on all levels.  Go out sit under a tree, climb a tree, find a way to just be with a tree for a while.  Talk to it, look at it, touch it, get to know that tree, learn it's story.  I cannot promise that the tree will talk to you.  But I bet if you go often enough and can become quiet, totally quiet you too may hear the Spirit of the Tree.  
In Gratitude, 
Linda G  

1 comment:

Most Popular Post